Friday, January 20, 2012

Being Known

Being known and loved is one of the best feelings that we as humans can experience in this life. I listened to a sermon once about how the desire to be known, or understood, affects all our relationships. It is such a powerful force because we were created to be fully know by one person, God, and while knowing us completely He loves us deeply . How amazing is that?

I think that is why feeling known, or understood, by those we have relationships with is so powerful. We were created with this desire and relationships here are just a shadow of what is to come. That thought really struck me after Christmas this year. Why? Well... I really loved the gifts I received for Christmas. They made me so happy! As materialistic as that sounded to me at first, the gifts' impact came from the loved ones who gave them. They were so thoughtful in picking out presents and their gifts reflected my needs, desires, and interests. My gifts allowed me to create a cleaner home with fewer chemicals (Norwex products), provided fun date nights for my husband and I, cultivated my love of cooking and reading, and provided a whole lot of good visual design. Wow! I really felt that my loved ones understood me and loved me. That is the reason we give gifts. So here is a big virtual thank you to all of you, I am so blessed by the people in my life. One goal of mine this year is to better show love to the people in my life. What inspires you in gift giving? Sorry this Christmas inspired post is so late.

Just a little visual of some of the awesome gifts I received. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is truly amazing how God knows us completely and perfectly and loves us so deeply!
    I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas! I think it is fun to find gifts for people.

    ReplyDelete