Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer goodness.

This morning I went for a walk around Lake Calhoun with my mother-in-law. It is the place to be in the twin cities on the weekend and now I know that Monday mornings are hopping too. It was a good start to this hot and humid day we will be having. I came back hungry and craving something cool. Ever since last Sunday, I have been craving black bean and corn salsa. We had an impromptu dinner party for 12 or so friends and I think this dip was a bigger hit than the main dish. That was awesome but it meant no leftovers for me. Since I had all the ingredients on hand here goes:


Mix together a can of drained black beans, a can of drained corn, 1/4 of a finely diced red onion, and one diced red pepper.


Next mix together the tasty ingredients that give this salsa some flavor. Add the juice of one lime, a dash of sea salt, 1 Tbs red wine vinegar, 1 tsp of olive oil, and some cumin and chili powder. Sorry I didn't measure the amounts of the spices out. I just give it a healthy shake and measure it by taste.


Mix the deliciousness up. I chopped up a green onion and sprinkled it on top for a little extra color.


Serve the dip with tortilla chips. My family makes this into a salad by adding green peppers and cooked couscous. It is perfect for summer. 
Enjoy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment