Monday, June 13, 2011

Strawberries for Stella

Last night we went to visit our new niece Stella Joy at home for the first time. Luke has been obsessing over her since Wednesday when she was born. It has not been uncommon for me to hear, "I wonder what Stella is doing right now", or "can you believe how cute Stella is?". Well I wanted to bring a little something over and hadn't planned ahead enough to have grocery shopped for a meal. What did I decide to bring? Strawberry summer cake. The recipe is from one of my favorite food bloggers, Smitten Kitchen. Click on the link to get her recipe and admire her beautiful writing. It turned out wonderfully and I can't wait to make it again with whatever fruit looks the best at the farmers market this summer. It really is a great base recipe and SO easy to make. Take it from me, baking and I don't get along so great. Here is a picture of how my cake turned out.

3 comments:

  1. I am still thinking about that cake! It was so delicious. Thank you for making it for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    What a great post!

    I'm loving your blog. It's so fun, well written... This cake looks delicious!!!

    Please, drop by if you have a minute. It's so nice to "meet" you!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome Sarah. We love you and Stella so much.

    Thanks for finding my blog Luciane. I can't wait to visit all the eye candy at your blog again.

    ReplyDelete