Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fancy Pants Breakfast

We eat a lot of pancakes. I probably whip up a batch at least twice a week. The mister could eat them every day I think but I was getting a little bored of them. The other day I decided to make crepes instead and have dessert for breakfast. Such a good decision. Yum. I used the Joy Of Cooking recipe and combined it with a few others I found on allrecipes. Thats why I like cooking rather than baking. Cooking I can change things around and break all the rule but in baking you must be precise and follow the recipe. How boring.
Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons of butter
1 dash of vanilla if making sweet crepe fillings, omit for savory

Directions:
1. Whisk together all ingredients besides the flour. Once blended add in the flour and whisk some more.
2. Heat a lightly oiled fry pan over medium heat.
3. Scoop the batter onto the pan using about 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
4.Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes per side so that it starts getting a light brown. Serve hot with your choice of fillings.


I added chocolate chips at the end so they would melt in the crepe

Every thing tastes better with strawberries and whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment