Saturday, April 23, 2011

mercury on my mind

 When browsing the  all-consuming world of wedding blogs getting inspiration for our wedding, I kept falling for beautiful table settings utilizing mercury glass. Here is just one pretty example that made my creative heart flutter.
http://cdn.greenweddingshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/jill_glenn_05.jpg

So pretty, elegant, and vintage. However our wedding vibe ended up being more fall inspired mixed with a nightclub wedding. It was awesome. It was a better combination of my husband's taste mixed with mine. That's what a wedding is after all right, two persons becoming one and creating an awesome fusion. I sometimes wonder about those amazing, ethereal, vintage, tea party weddings that rule the blogs. I don't know the gentlemen being married but I sure hope the wedding fit their taste also. Ah that little mental rant is hijacking this blog post. Focus Naomi!

Well now that the wedding jazz is behind the Luker and I, I almost forgot about my love of mercury glass. One rainy day trip to West Elm this past Thursday awoken the sleeping passion. Look at all the awesome pieces they have.

Mercury Mushrooms

Mercury Vases

Mercury Bug


What great stuff West Elm has. I didn't really have the need or space for any of the above pieces but I managed to sneak this little guy into my cart. I think it makes my ugly t.v. remote tray a bit more elegant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment